I’ve been nominated for this Liebster award (Woohoo!) by the lovely Neelam, which I wasn’t expecting at all so thank you. Please, do check out her wonderful, thought-provoking blog – https://neelamhussain.wordpress.com/ 🙂
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. 2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) 3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you. 4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself. 5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!) 6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer. 7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to: 8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
The sister actually gave some interesting questions to answer, and many I hadn’t actually pondered upon before. So, here it goes;
1) What inspired you to start blogging?
At the start of a new year, I recall telling people that I had woken up with a sudden urgency to strive for knowledge. I have always been one of those people who love to help others, and after aiding a sister through a few issues and reflecting upon situations, I thought to myself – why don’t I use these reflective moments to share knowledge with the world? Insha’Allah, I hope at least one person benefits from the articles I write.
2) What’s your favourite quote/saying?
This is a tricky one, actually. I have way too many sayings I like, and many I often refer back to during my reflective moments. In this moment of this it is;
“The best way to predict your future is to create it.”
If we want something in particular but we are not working towards it then this will be our downfall. It encourages you to re-think your actions, and strive for a positive change to achieve your goals.
3) What is your favourite book?
The majority of books I read are self-help books and one of my favourites is Reclaim your Heart by Yasmin Mogahed (If you haven’t listened to her lectures or read her book, I would highly recommend you do for an iman boost!)
4) And why?
After going through a patch of personal issues, I urgently needed a boost in faith. I needed something that would allow me to see things through a different perspective and that is when I came across this book. I felt I could relate to the words massively, and it also sounded like I was reading something that I would say to others – even though I find it hard to advise myself!
5) What is the one thing you would love to do/achieve?
One thing? Hard as I have a few. But I guess the main thing would be to attain Jannah with my loved ones; please make dua they accept Islam one day.
6) Where would you love to travel to?
My first stop would have to be the beautiful Mecca. After that, travel the world! There are so many countries I would like to visit. Insha’Allah one day, you never know.
7) What is your dream career?
This is something I struggle with as I am still trying to figure out where I am supposed to be heading career wise; almost trying to find myself in a way. My minds switched from teaching to nursing to counselling (so indecisive). But I would love to write a book actually, besides that I love working with children! They are so funny.
8) What is your favourite subject? What do you love to study or learn about?
I love psychology. Just being able to look deeper into behaviour and actions is something I have always found interesting. I undertook a counselling certificate besides my degree which got me right into my element.
Asides from that, I love gatherings that share knowledge about Islam, the life of the Prophet (SAW) in particular and the history of the beautiful religion fascinates me. There is never too much to learn, knowledge is endless.
9) Who inspires you?
From the past, Prophet Muhammad (saw) and his sahaba. Whenever I am feeling weak during a trial, I remember the struggles they went through for the sake of Allah (swt) and then I remember my purpose and the benefits of these trials. Insha’Allah, they’ll all be worth it in the end.
In the present it has to be sister Yasmin Mogahed. The way she has been through a lot and still continues to smile and use everyday situations as a positive learning curve is so uplifting when you are low.
10) What is your favourite food?
Ahh. Food. It has to be dessert to cater for my sweet tooth. Waffles with nutella and strawberries or gulab jamun (see below) for that ultimate sweet satisfaction. Haha. I am just a sweet tooth lover.
And finally, the 11 random facts about myself (which isn’t as easy as it sounds)
- I am SO indecisive. Literally, ask me to make a simple decision and my mind will change about 20 times in the space of 2 minutes
- Being on time is something I am not particularly the best at
- I have the strangest dreams ever
- Feet absolutely creep me out
- I often going into a mode called hibernation (I lock off from the world – shh!)
- My eyes often change colours from blue to grey
- I prefer summer over winter!
- I used to be really pessimistic, but since reverting I am so optimistic!
- I am a go with the flow person and rarely plan anything
- Often I am quite a sensitive person
Now to the nominations;
If you do accept this award please do let me know! I would love to read your responses 🙂
Here are my questions;
- What makes you happy?
- What do you love about blogging?
- How do you deal with writers block?
- A funny memory from your childhood?
- What is your favourite pass-time?
- Name the last book you read
- As a child, what did you want to be when you were older?
- Favourite place you have ever visited?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
- Do you have any weird or random skills?